We not only set up a group policy for new machines to automatically install the client, but we also needed to push to all machines that had already been set up, and we could not guarantee when they would be restarted next for our group policy to take affect.
Well here's how we did it.
- First download the WFBS-downloader from the Trend web portal
- Go to add device and select Download the installer package
- Run the installer package
- Select a location to download the installer to and click finish when complete
- Copy the downloaded file to the computer that we will install to. In this example I copied the WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.msi file to the C: drive of each machine
- Download a copy of pstools from Microsoft, extract the zip file and locate psexec.exe
- Open a command prompt and change directory to where psexec.exe is located
- Run the following command to perform the remote installation
- PsExec.exe \\ComputerToInstallTo -e -s -u administrator -p password msiexec /qn /i C:\WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.msi
- The installer will connect to the computer and install the program. When finished, it will quit with exit code 0
- Exit code 0 means that the install completed successfully
- The machine will now appear in the management console for Trend
We hope this helps you out.
This same process can be used to install any msi file remotely.